Learn about the causes of ED
Causes of ED
Erectile dysfunction is known as the inability to achieve and maintain an erection needed for sexual intercourse.
As with all diseases, disorders are caused by a number of certain potency reasons. But unlike many diseases, sexual dysfunction is treatable. Usually ED medicines such as Viagra 100mg or Levitra 20mg can help to deal with this problem. The main difference between this disease and other diseases - patients are very difficult to admit its presence and describe the symptoms.
What can cause erectile dysfunction and what are the kinds of it:
1) Psychogenic erectile dysfunction - the basis of: fatigue, depression, phobias and deviation, associative stressful factors. Erection in this case depends on the emotional state. Sometimes full sexual intercourse is possible only subject to any conditions.
2) Arteriogenic impotence occurs due to vascular lesions of atherosclerosis, penile injury, congenital malformations of blood vessels of the penis, smoking, diabetes, hypertension.
3) Venogenic erectile dysfunction develops because of veno-occlusive violation mechanism.
4) Dysfunction of erectile tissue (cavernous failure). Reasons for failure cavernous are different. They lead to intra- and extracellular changes in the corpus cavernosum, their vessels and nerve endings that impede the normal functioning of erectile mechanism.
5) Neurogenic erectile dysfunction occurs due to various injuries and diseases of the brain and spinal cord, as well as disorders of the peripheral nerves pelvic organs (after open surgery for adenoma or cancer of the prostate gland).
6) The anatomical (structural) impotence is related to altered anatomy of the penis. This is especially pronounced curvature of the penis (Peyronie's disease, fibrosis of the corpora cavernosa of the penis, congenital curvature). Fibrosis of the corpora cavernosa is often associated with injuries, the introduction of foreign bodies into the urethra, surgery and others.
7) Hormone erectile dysfunction. The enzyme responsible for the synthesis of nitrogen monoxide (which, in turn, causes vasodilation) is androgen-dependent, i.e., when the level of male sex hormone (testosterone), reduced the activity of the enzyme and thus deteriorates erection. In hormonal form of the disease, treatment with drugs inhibiting phosphodiesterase type 5 (Viagra, Cialis 20mg, Levitra) is not effective.
8) Age impotence. Age, by itself, affects the usefulness and duration of erection. Older people have reduced the rate of blood flow, the level of testosterone, the sensitivity of the nervous system and the elasticity of the vascular walls, which accordingly affects the erection.